Virtually Invisible Orthodontic Care in Newton Centre, Marlborough, & Northborough
At Carvalho & Roth Orthodontics, we believe everyone deserves a smile they feel proud to show off in any situations – and we think getting one should be easy, convenient, and work with your lifestyle. That's why we're proud to provide a wide variety of orthodontic treatments to our patients, and while braces may be the most popular treatment option we offer, it's far from the only one. Invisalign is an alternative treatment to braces that's very popular with adults and teenagers for a number of reasons, and as an Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider, we have the expertise and knowledge to help you get the smile of your dreams.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative treatment to braces that fundamentally changes the way we move your teeth. Instead of metal brackets and wires used in traditional braces, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable plastic aligners to straighten the teeth. These aligners are virtually invisible when worn and easy to pop in and out for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. This gives Invisalign a number of advantages over traditional orthodontic treatment:
- Virtually Invisible: With Invisalign, no one has to know you're straightening your teeth. You don't have to worry about having braces for pictures, big presentations, or other important milestones.
- No Dietary Restrictions: While braces forbid you from eating anything crunchy, hard, or sticky, you remove Invisalign aligners to eat – so you can still enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Easy Oral Hygiene: Because you take the aligners out to eat, drink, brush, and floss, oral hygiene is as easy as ever.
- Contoured Comfort: Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners lay flat against teeth and have a smooth exterior, preventing the scratches and cuts that come with normal braces.
The Invisalign Process
The treatment process will look different from patient to patient, but in general, it goes something like this:
- At your initial appointment, we'll perform a detailed orthodontic evaluation and take a number of measurements to create a diagnosis.
- Based on your diagnosis, we'll create a detailed treatment plan and break it up into two-week increments.
- We'll have the Invisalign company custom-manufacture your own unique set of aligners based on your treatment plan.
- You'll wear each set of aligners for 22 hours a day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- You'll switch to a new set of aligners every 2 weeks, and with each new pair, your teeth will move closer to their final positions.
- You'll come to the office for a checkup every 8-10 weeks.
- Once you're finished, your new smile is yours to keep!
Invisalign Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much should I wear my aligners?
You'll need to wear your aligners 20-22 hours a day, taking them out only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
Q. Will I have a lisp or notice an affect on my speech?
As with all orthodontic appliances, you'll go through an adjustment period where you'll notice an effect on your speech. This will fade quickly, though, and the more you talk with the aligners in, the faster it will fade.
Q. Will my insurance cover Invisalign?
Every insurance policy is different, so we can only give you a sense for your coverage after reviewing your plan and orthodontic needs. However, if you have orthodontic coverage, it should cover Invisalign just the same as braces.
Q. Does Invisalign work as well as braces?
Absolutely! Invisalign technology has advanced greatly and can now treat a wide range of malocclusions and orthodontic conditions. In fact, many patients experience a shorter treatment time with Invisalign!
Schedule an Appointment with Your Marlborough, Northborough, & Newton Centre Orthodontist
A new smile is an investment in your best asset, and with Invisalign, it's never been easier to revolutionize your smile. As an Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider, we've proven ourselves superior in treating patients using the Invisalign System, and we'll work with you individually to customize your treatment and ensure you're thrilled with your orthodontic result. If you're ready to take the first step towards a beautiful new smile, don't wait – schedule an appointment online at one of our three offices today!